Special Prawns Thali – Konkani Style
So here’s what I had for dinner a couple of days back. A spicy Prawns thali with Prawns Masala, Prawns Curry, Fried Prawns, Solkadi and Chapati. I might just put up my version of these recipes but for the moment, I am sharing a few recipes that I found on the internet… enjoy 🙂
Here comes the recipe for Prawn Masala. Will upload more recipes in the next post 🙂
Recipe copied from here
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
Prawn – 1kg
Onion – 5 large chopped
Tomato – 3 large chopped
Ginger-garlich paste – 3tbs
Oil – 6-7 tbs
Redchilli powder – 2tbs
Turmeric – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 1tbs
Garam Masala – 1/2 tbs
Lemon juice – 2tbs
Curry leaves – few
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 cup
Coriander chopped – 5tbs to garnish
1. Clean prawns remove the shell and marinate with salt, 1/2tps turmeric, 2tps redchilli powder, 1tbs ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice for 30mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and saute it. Add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and fry until golden brown.
3. Add all the powder masalas, tomato cook till the oil start leaving the edges.
5. Add the water, mix everything and cook with lid on until gravy becomes very thick and oil comes on top.
6. Serve with paratha/rice or pulav.
- Sungta kholu – Tangy and spicy prawns pickle (kirticookingclass.wordpress.com)
- Prawns with coconut milk and spices (Prawn Malai Curry) (thesublimepalate.wordpress.com)
- Prawns with Tomatoes (hobbitkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Vikram Vij’s boatman’s curry (Prawn Curry) (condofire.com)